Hello Crafting Hugs Friends. It’s time to celebrate Mother Nature’s tiny song makers with the Birds & Branches Bundle. The Birds & Branches Photopolymer Stamp Set provides you with wonderful watercolor images of birds, branches, eggs, and nest to stamp a cozy scene of our feathered friends. And, the Birds & More Dies perfectly complements the stamped images to create wonderful 3-D cards with custom-cut die cuts. When purchased together as a stamp and tool bundle, you save 10%.
Here are a couple of tips and tricks for creating this 3-D layered card:
- Use monochromatic color combination. Here I chose to combine Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede. The background piece of Sahara Sand cardstock is stamped with a sentiment in Soft Suede ink and matted with Soft Suede cardstock.
- Use Two-Step Stamping technique to stamp the bird images. First, stamp the silhouette image in the lightest color of ink. Then stamp the detailed images in progressively darker colors. While I choose to fussy cut the birds with my Paper Snips, another option would be to die cut the birds using Birds & More Dies.
- Use multiple die cuts to frame the focal point. First, I die cut the circle branch using my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Then, I centered the second largest circle scallop die around the circle branch die cut, and die cut it an open frame. This open frame was layered and adhered to circle scallop die cut in Sahara Sand using Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Use lots of dimension. Both the framed scallop circle and the two birds are popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use soft texture. Here, I layered Very Vanilla stain ribbon with Very Vanilla lace trim from my stash of pretty Stampin’ Up ribbons.
I just love this monochromatic card using Birds & Branches Bundle.
Actually, I love creating with a monochromatic design because the finished project is aesthetically pleasing. All of the design elements work together, complementing each other without competition, thus adding harmony and unity to the overall design. Using a monochromatic design streamlines your design decisions. Everything is centered around three color choices within the same color family. Now, all that is necessary is to create visual interest by adding texture and patterns. Why do you find a monochromatic design pleasing? Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Until next time, sending you crafting hugs and inspiration wishes for making beautiful cards!