We all are experts at making cards — especially A2 sized cards. Here is a quick and easy way to turn a stack of cards into a gift. Each cute gift box will hold six cards and envelopes.
Here are the instructions creating this box which is held closed by the decorative belly band.
Pieces of Cardstock
- Select designer series paper and three complementary colors of cardstock
- Designer Series Paper – 1 ½” x 12″
- First Color of Cardstock* – 7 ½” x 11″
- Second color of cardstock – 3″ x 3″
- Third color cardstock – die cut using the largest square from Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies
- Use a scrap of cardstock to die cut a decorative image like a butterfly or dragonfly
Score first color of cardstock* to form the box
- With 7 ½” side at the top of the Simply Scored board (portrait orientation), score at ¾” and 6 ¾”
- With 11″ side is at the top of your Simply Scored board (landscape orientation), score at 2 ¾”, 3 ½”, 8” and 8 ¾“
Burnish all score lines with bone folder
Using your paper snips, cut out and remove the small square tabs between 2 ¾” and 3 ½” score lines (top of box)
Cut out small pie wedges along each square tabs at the 8” and 8 ¾” (base of box)
Put adhesive (snail, fast fuse, etc.) on outside (or back side) of these two small wedged tabs. Put adhesive on the inside (or front side) of the tabs to form bottom of the box (8 ¾”& 11”)
Assemble bottom of box: adhere wedged tabs on the inside of back side tabs of the box; fold the bottom up and attach front side tabs to back side tabs of box. Next fold box lid down with side tabs on the outside of the box base.
The belly band will hold the box lid down and in place. To create belly band, center box on strip of DSP, then gently wrap the strip of DSP around the box. With finger tips, simply crease edges along the sides of the box to allow ease of motion
Remove strip of DSP and add adhesive on either end
Wrap DSP around box, add 3”x3” square piece. Check to see if the belly band slides easily.
Remove belly band, adhere stitched square die cut to the 3”x 3” piece, then add decorative die cut image
Next insert your cards and envelopes, fold the top closed and slide on the belly band. When complete, your box will hold 4-6 cards and envelopes (A2 sized).
Until next time, sending you crafting hugs and inspiration wishes!